Do You want to make an impact on the Working Life of the future? We are looking for a BI & Analytics Developer who shares a passion to gain and share insights about working life of tens of thousands of Finnish and Scandinavian people.
Role consists of
Report & dataset development
- Power BI Report development and data visualization
- Build and maintain reusable data assets from Barona’s data lake for reporting and analytics (with data engineer support).
- Build models that are compatible with data warehouse standards and are well documented and monitored.
Building Data governance & DataOps-capabilities across the organization
- Support our Business Development Managers and other end users to explore and gain insights using their data
- Act as the Super User for Barona’s BI Development and Power BI. Set best practices for reporting & analytics development.
- Understand and develop the quality of our reports and data assets.
- Work together with our Data Development Manager to adapt Barona's Responsible data utilization guidelines to the context of BI development
- Research and pilot new tools for Barona’s data architecture.
We expect you to have
- Strong SQL and Power BI experience
- Data modelling skills
- Solid communication skills in order to discuss requirements with internal clients and teams as well as data engineers
- Organized and self-driven way of working
In addition these skills could prove useful but can also be learnt along the way:
- Domain knowledge in HR, financial, sales & marketing data
- Some experience in Google and/or AWS data products, Qlikview, DBT (data build tool), Azure Synapse Analytics, or similar tools.
- Product-thinking mindset: Serving the end-users of analytics
- Interest in people analytics & relevant data protection acts
What we offer
We offer an awesome view to Finnish working life via data. You also have a great opportunity to turn that data into insights that will directly impact the life of thousands of people.
Your personal growth is highly important and we encourage you to develop your skills and ownership along the way. There is a tightly knitted awesome team of 40-50 digital professionals (SW Developers, Designers, Product Specialists) to help you on your journey.
Besides flexible remote working you can also always visit our office which is located in Töölönlahti next to Helsinki Central Railway Station. We offer a no-nonsense environment with smart colleagues and flexible hours.
For more information about the position contact our Data Development Manager Kristiina Juurmaa (firstname.lastname@example.org)