We are looking for our customer, Sodexo, a proactive and experienced Category Buyer to join their supply management team. This is a temporary position as a maternity leave substitute, approximately for 9 months.
As Category Buyer you develop and implement category strategies that secure best possible TCO for Sodexo, in full alignment with Sodexo’s overall business objectives. Key responsibilities also include formulation and execution of annual category and sourcing plans, delivering savings and purchase income, improvement activities, as well as maintaining relevant and strong relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. You report to the Head of Supply Management, Finland, and cooperate with the global/regional supply management teams.
Your main responsibilities
- Managing the assigned categories within your scope of responsibility to drive efficiency and commercial competitiveness for the business
- Delivering targeted savings and purchase income
- Contact negotiation and documentation
- Working with global supply management buyer teams to implement global categories to Finland with support from the Head of Supply Management, Finland.
- Developing long and short-term category strategies, plans, road maps, and development projects
- Establishing and managing relevant internal stakeholder relationships with business units and support functions, and upholding internal communication
- Developing and executing strategic sourcing projects
- Ensuring supplier implementation and contract compliance
- Effective supplier management
- Contributing to sales and mobilization projects with relevant category expertise
- Administrative procurement, e.g. archiving supplier contracts and updating supplier/category information
To succeed in this role, you need
- At least 4 years of experience in strategic procurement
- Proven track record of successful negotiation experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Strong computer skills
- Product knowledge from the food sector is considered an advantage
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong personal drive and initiative, thoroughness and comprehensibility
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference in Sodexo's small, efficient buyer team, and to gather experience in a global company with strong supply management processes. Come and join Sodexo team in delivering Quality of Life services!