We are looking for an experienced project and engineering Manager to Senior Project Manager Engineering role to our client in Espoo. The position is temporary for 4 years. It will be located in Espoo, Finland, for two years and then two years in the jobsite in Indonesia.
Senior Project Manager Engineering is responsible for day-to-day leadership, management and direction of both the engineering and the execution phases of a major mining and metallurgical process facilities project, reporting to the Project Director, and functionally to the Director of Engineering. The scope of this position includes all aspects of the project life cycle with a specified technology vendor, from early scoping and definition stages through detailed engineering and procurement phases and finally to field erection and commissioning support. This position will be located in the technology package providers office’s in Espoo, Finland.
Tasks include also, for example:
• Review the development of the engineering work packages (EWPs) for all deliverables and time-based functions with technology provider. Review and analyze project requirements to establish tasks and subtasks and project timelines.
• Responsible for the scope, cost, schedule, safety, and quality associated with the project as influenced by the technology package engineering.
• Monitor the technical work performance and verify controls for tracking and reporting the advancement of engineering deliverables.
• Interfaces closely with site-based leadership, health and safety personnel and other internal organizations to ensure that work is executed in a manner consistent with the expectations of the operating property and in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
• Participate in design reviews, and execution planning discussions to ensure well-conceived and logical schedule development.
We expect you to have:
• Proven experience in Project and Engineering Management on projects, especially Smelter’s involving the same technology.
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in engineering or related field, and minimum 15 years’ experience with the practice, systems, processes and terminology of project management.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering, project controls, contract administration, procurement, expediting and materials management (logistics)
• Work involves frequent travel, international assignments, and relocation to the site of work
• An extensive technical knowledge of engineering systems, design, applications of engineering processes and materials, and engineering applications of current engineering technologies.
• General knowledge of industry, regulatory standards and design criteria in engineering disciplines.
• Comprehensive knowledge of project planning, controls and understanding of multi-discipline interdependencies.
• Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders involved in the project.
• Ability to lead, motivate and inspire others, transfer expertise and provide a coaching role to others in terms of best practice.
• Ability to handle complex problem-solving tasks, applying appropriate analysis and consideration of high-level technical detail.
Our client offers you an opportunity to influence in an interesting project in mining business.
For more information, please, contact Barona Engineering, Kristiina Vormala (+358 40 837 4019), best available on Thursdays at 1-2 pm till 16.7.2021.