Hakuaika päättyy 30.09.2021
We are now looking for a Cloud data architect for our Digital and Data management office, based either in Helsinki or Tampere.
Did you know that at UPM we process petapytes of data related to our factory operations, production and relational data, which has direct impact how the whole company operates? Would you like to be part of leading the UPM wide data capability to ensure data management and utilization for variety of interesting manufacturing use cases? Did you know that UPM has executed hundreds of Digital innovations which need data for processing (AI, VR, AR, Drones, Robots)?
Greetings from your future manager
We are looking new architecture and development leadership into our Digital and Data management office. Data management office mission is to ensure that we have right modern capabilities in place to accelerate data usage within all business. Our team engages closely with manufacturing industry deep experts, digital innovation experts, data scientist, cybersecurity experts to ensure that our data is leveraged at its fullest. We are working in Agile model delivering and innovating constantly with the team’s arounds us. If you join our team we can promise interesting challenges, lots of support and training opportunities and fun working culture.
What you’ll do
As a Cloud Data Architect, you will be the lead of the development of data products in different business areas from Pulp, Paper, Energy and Biofuels on their data solutions. You will lead defining the cloud component architecture, data modelling and solution implementation to variety business solutions. You will be also part of a team that develops of the UPM level data architecture and vision. Your responsibility will be to engage with different business areas and hands on develop and lead the solution delivery. You will also be a part of the delivery team to implement and defining data solutions using modern development standards.
Who you are
• You have prior experience in leading data engineering team and vendors.
• You are a hands-on leader with experience in cloud technologies, tools and architecture.
• You have expertise in data modelling and database design
• You have expertise in data warehousing and analytics implementation
• You are also familiar with databases (Snowflake, Oracle, SQL server) and reporting
• You have knowledge of setting up DevOps pipelines and Agile practices
• You have interest and knowledge of open source, containers and microservices
• You have higher education and 8+ years of relevant job experience
• You have true interest in software engineering and emerging technologies
• English language knowledge is must to succeed in the role
This is what we offer you
• Meaningful job: We offer you room to lead, own and influence where UPM goes with data engineering. The position offers interesting analytical problems to solve in the manufacturing industry.
• Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
• Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to work with the newest and most developed data tools
• Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future. You will work in modern premises either in Helsinki or Tampere city center.
For further information about the position please contact Mikko Laine, Barona IT, at firstname.lastname (at) barona.fi.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland