Join 1939 Games to work on Kards, a World War II digital collectible card game! 1939 Games was founded by Gudmundur and Ivar Kristjansson, brothers with over 25 years of games industry experience between them. With a shared interest in collectable card games and WWII, the duo wanted a game that combined their passions. When they could not find one, they set out to make it themselves. KARDS is that game, a digital CCG (collectible card game) that uses historical military units as inspiration for its cards. Fusing traditional card game elements with WWII strategy, it is an elegant, action-packed experience that stands apart within the genre. The company is origin from Iceland and now also in Helsinki! We are looking for Developers to form the 1939 Games mobile unit!
We are looking for you seasoned Mobile Developers with either client and/or server background. We are looking for specialist that are comfortable to work in either end but specializing is ok too.
Here is what you will be doing with us:
• Work with Production, Leads and other developers to create the mobile version of the 1939 Games games.
• Optimization of assets that are already in the PC version of the game for mobile.
• Design, implement, test and deploy game client and backend functionality.
• On server side create and maintain the server-side infrastructure.
We are hoping that you hold:
• Minimum 5 years of Game programming experience (client and/or server)
• Published mobile games
• Strong programming skills (C#, C++, Java, React or applicable)
• Experience with cloud platforms and related technologies (AWS, GCP, docker, kubernetes, helm, terraform)
• Skills with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and Git
• Experience in data pipeline
• Experience with other programming languages and technologies like Python
• Experience with Unreal Engine or Unity.
Very much appreciated:
• A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to implement systems.
• Solid time management and organisational skills; you can get the job done without close supervision.
• Work closely with team members, communicating regularly.
In return we offer an exciting and interesting game concept to work with in a highly skilled and relaxed team. We can offer a competitive salary and location in the heart of Helsinki. Relocation to Reykjavik is naturally an option.
If this sounds interesting, please get in touch with us asap. Just get in touch with Arja Martikainen +358407621564 or Visa Varpenius +358440526429 (at)barona.fi.