Kalmar's Software and Automation Development department's Team Red is looking for Optimization Software Developers to join our talented multicultural team of 200 professionals in Tampere. As a Software Developer with Team Red you will be designing and developing software for terminal automation system’s optimization features and maintaining the existing software as part of a bigger team. By capitalizing fully on automation capabilities, you will ensure that customer deliveries are fully optimized, thereby creating more efficient and sustainable terminals. You will also be determining how to scale existing software and set-ups across multiple projects.
You will be working as a part of a cross-functional software development team and collaborating with project teams as well as product and release management. You will also be working closely with Kalmar’s external partners.
- Take ownership of software features of a cross-functional software development team
- Participate on the requirement clarification process and ensure the requirements are met
- Support the quality assurance and software release management
- Exception handling with stakeholders and other parties
- Regular progress reporting
- Provide high-level expertise and knowledge on the automation system solutions
- Use your expertise to support other team members
What you’ll need to succeed:
We are looking for a Software Developer with an open-minded attitude to enhance and develop our ways of working. You have a willingness to learn and find new tools and technologies. Importantly you will need to understand processes, container site layouts and with these in mind come up with optimal solutions. There are no two identical container sites in the world, and each will present its own challenges. Good technical communication is needed as you will be in tight collaboration with development teams and other stakeholders.
Key skills and experience:
- MSc or BSc in Automation, Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant field
- Experience working with optimization problems or technical optimization of software code
- Fluent spoken and written English
Nice to have’s:
- At least 2 years of experience in software development projects
- Experience with functional programming and test-driven development
- Knowledge of any functional programming languages
- A-star and other search algorithms
- C#, Microsoft visual Studio, Robot Framework, Jenkins, Fluent NHibernate
- Protocol Buffers, MQTT, Active MQ
What do we offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a truly global company creating world-class technologies and operating on the leading edge of automation. With us you will be at the forefront of making global logistics faster, safer and more sustainable; and a member of a community that believes in collaboration, innovation and freedom. Here you will be able to visibly see the output of your hard work first-hand at our test yard or when visiting terminals around the world. You will be able to bring in fresh ideas and grow and develop with Kalmar, as your interests and skills evolve.
See what it's like working at Kalmar - https://it-rekrytointi.fi/kalmar/
Interested? Apply today!
If you are intrigued, please leave your CV and application along with salary request online no later than 16.5.2021. We conduct the recruitment process in cooperation with Barona IT. For further information, please contact Barona IT's Visa Varpenius at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at +358 440 526429 on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 13:00 and 15:00.