Changing people’s lives can be done by building technology that helps them to live healthier and more active lives. We believe that software engineers have an impact in this mission.
Firstbeat Analytics together with Garmin, the leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, focuses on developing, designing, and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety, and ease of use in every market we serve.
Our team is looking for self-motivated, confident, and passionate engineers to create high-quality, state-of-the-art products. The development team is in Jyväskylä, Finland. Here you will be surrounded by friendly and talented developers. Remote work is also option.
What will you be able to do in this role?
In this role you will be developing moderately complex software in C language, or other selected languages for our products and/or applications. In addition, you will have a chance to perform as a technical leader for derivative software projects. In this role you will also work collaboratively and professionally with other associates in cross-functional teams.
Your other responsibilities include reviewing product and/or application specifications and documents for technical accuracy and participating in product definition activities such as feature analysis and system tradeoffs.
Our main technologies include C, Java, C++, CI, Jenkins, Gerrit and Linux.
What do we hope from you?
• Experience with developing Embedded systems in C/C++
• +2 years of work experience working in software development
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or a technical field
Knowledge of electronics, ability to clearly communicate technical requirements across different teams and experience of processing bio signals are considered as advantages.
What do we offer for you?
• Meaningful work with health technologies
• Flexible working time helps balancing work and leisure in different life situations.
• Comfortable workspaces and modern equipment ensure that work is smooth and meaningful.
• Widespread occupational healthcare supports health and enables rapid treatment in the event of illness or accident.
• Exercise vouchers to keep you fit. Lunch vouchers keep your stomach full.
• Two Garmin demo units for you to borrow and test
• Opportunity to take part of Garmin’s employee stock purchase plan and buy stocks at a reduced prize.
How to Apply?
We conduct the recruitment process in cooperation with Barona IT. This is a permanent full-time position and you will be employed directly by Firstbeat Analytics. For further information, please contact Barona IT´s recruitment consultant Tomi Niskanen.
Apply now! We begin going through the applications as soon as we get them. All applications are treated with confidentiality.