We are looking for a Line Manager for our customer TietoEVRY to join their new service desk unit in Vaasa. If you are interested in managing people and resources, have previous experience from supervisory tasks and are eager to join one of the leading international IT companies, this might be your new position!
We are looking for a Line Manager to join TietoEVRY’s new service desk unit in Vaasa. As a Line Manager you will have full responsibility for people management and production within your designated service desk unit. Your goal is to make sure that your team gets to work in a positive atmosphere and that you can together meet the set targets and overcome challenges. You support your team members in achieving their professional excellence and you also drive the competence development in your team. Typically, there are around 40 people in your team, and you will also work closely with other Line Managers and internal colleagues.
Your day-to-day duties include resource planning for customers teams, and you make sure that resources and allocations are optimized within your unit. You will also work closely with the local HR with recruiting and on-boarding new employees, including interviewing candidates, hiring new employees, and organizing entry-level training for the new personnel.
In your role you will also set new goals together with the management team and come up with strategic plans in how to exceed the goals. You are responsible for production results within your team, so you will monitor and follow closely the achievement of targets. You will also work closely with possible customer feedback to ensure a good service level in your team.
The ideal candidate has some experience from supervisory tasks and is a goal-oriented person with a can-do attitude. You have previously worked e.g. as a team manager or team lead and you are familiar with managing people and resources. Your background does not need to be specifically from the IT sector, but we highly appreciate your interest and understanding towards the technical environment and ITSM.
Some skills we are looking for:
- Excellent social skills. We hope that you can communicate smoothly with both your team and customer representatives
- Previous experience from management tasks
- Result-oriented mindset to complete the work in a structured way and within defined deadlines
- Ability to create relations with the internal and external key stakeholders and organizations
- Ability to think and act strategically and break down long-term goals into manageable iterations, as well as find win-win solutions
- Ability to work with budgetary / Financial objectives
- Knowledge of the business environment (ITSM) is considered as an asset
- Fluent Finnish or Swedish language skills
- Fluent English language skills
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to join a new service desk organization unit in Vaasa in an international IT company
- An opportunity to deep-dive into a diverse role within IT
- Great colleagues to support you in exceeding the goals together
- An organization where you can develop yourself professionally
- Competitive salary
Does this sound like an interesting opportunity for you? If yes, please let us know about yourself!
The recruitment process is conducted in cooperation with Barona IT. This position is full-time and permanent, and your employer will be our Customer.
The selected person will be commissioned to undergo a security clearance.
For further information, please contact Barona IT´s recruitment consultant Sofia Heikkilä (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Apply now! We start reading the applications as soon as we get them. All applications are treated with confidentiality.