Application ends 23.02.2020
We are looking for experienced Senior Python Back End Developer to work with our customer in turning the best open source technologies into hassle-free and efficient cloud services.
Our client's solution enables developers to focus on building awesome applications without sweating over data infrastructure management. As a Python Back End Developer, you’ll be part of a team working on the company’s cloud platform, improving its reliability and scalability, implementing new features as well as extending their product portfolio of open source data technologies.
Our client’s back end systems are mostly implemented in Python with bits of Java, Go and C. They offer and operate several complex open source databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and Apache Cassandra as well as other open source data technologies like Apache Kafka.
We are looking for self-driven developers who are passionate and ambitious about clean code and willing to help others. We value analytical problem-solving skills and an openness to new ideas.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant back end development experience with Python
- Hands-on experience with Linux/infra (command line / Linux internals / Linux system administration)
- Hands-on experience with sql/no-sql databases (such as Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra, Zookeeper, MySQL, Redis, M3)
At this moment you are working for example as s Senior Software Engineer, Lead (Staff) Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer and looking for more ambitious team to join to accelerate yourself technically. You have written large back end programs and you have also built distributed, scalable, HA systems or at least some larger applications, so not just Django/flask web-applications and REST APIs and scripts/tools. You have excellent knowledge of Python libraries and back end technologies (such as DHCP, DNS, REST, pki, ipv4/ipv6 etc) and tools (such as haproxy, nginx, systemd, iptables etc.). You take pride in writing good quality and maintainable code. You enjoy technical challenges and are interested in databases, building infrastructure systems, DevOps and CI.
What our client can offer you:
- Fastlane for a technical growth as you are working among the best in their field
- Ambitious mission that is already challenging the big players in cloud business
- Cool office at the heart of Helsinki, Finland
- Possibility for stock options and nice set of benefits on top of the monthly salary
You will be part of a talented team of around 40 people, making your contribution essential to a truly great success story. The salary range for this job is 5000-7500 euros per month depending on the skills you have. The position is filled as soon as the right person is found. Work starts as agreed and we will assist you with relocation if needed. If you’re interested, send us your application as soon as possible along with a link to your GitHub profile.